• Thursday evenings, April 11th through May 16th.
• Location: Old Sashmill 303 Portrero Street, Santa Cruz
• Call 427-8020 for registration – registration is mandatory.
BASICS is a new education program for parents and other caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. (Childcare may be available.)
• To give the parent/caregiver the basic information necessary to take the best care possible of their child, their family, and themselves.
• To help the parent/caregiver cope with the impact that mental illness has on the child living with the illness and the entire family.
• To provide tools for the parent/caregiver to use even after completing the program that will assist in making the best decisions possible for the care of the child.
• The NAMI Basics course is taught by trained teachers who are the parents of individuals who developed the symptoms of mental illness prior to the age of 18 years.