Community Connection’s PEI goal is to support participants in recovering their independence and self-responsibility through community integration. They provide brief services aimed at assisting people in reaching their employment and academic goals and believe that with early and effective intervention, many people succeed in work, school, and life.
· resume writing,
· interviewing skills and techniques,
· web and community based job search,
· skill building, and
· resume building volunteer opportunities.
· support with applications and registration,
· academic counseling and planning,
· receiving accommodations, and
· academic referrals for tutoring and other services.
In order to qualify for Community Connection’s PEI services, the person must be experiencing new and significant symptoms of mental illness (not known to be caused by a medical condition, injury, or substance use) and experiencing worsening difficulties in school and/or difficulty in finding or maintaining employment. Qualified participants must live in Santa Cruz County and be over 18 years of age. If you or someone you know is interested in PEI services please contact Andrea Turnbull (831) 425-8132 ext. 227 or firstname.lastname@example.org